coloring addict and leisure suits

We have a coloring addict at our house. Well, we actually have a few of them, but one stands out in particular since she inflicts her passion on EVERYTHING...first and foremost her thighs and large portions of the playroom and the kitchen cabinets.

A while ago when she colored a significantly large portion of the playroom blue for the third time I loved the one-sided conversation that ensued between her & Claire as Claire tried to reason with her. It went like this (picture Claire stooping down on Lu's level, eyes right at her eye level...noses almost touchig):

"Lucy, we don't draw on things."

Lucy looks at her...makes a little grin.

"I know it's really fun to color but we only color on paper."

Lucy starts whimpering a little although I'm sure she's not really understanding a word Claire's saying, just the intonation in her voice.

Claire reaches over and puts her little arm around Lucy.

"I'm not mad at you, Lucy. I just want you to know these things aren't for coloring on."

Claire gets to work wiping off the blue (her Saturday job). I love how much these older kids adore this girl.

I don't take away or hide the markers because you know what? A little washable marker on a few things worth a little extra development in my book.

This is Lu's favorite position:
This is her favorite little box:
Hmmmm...so hard to decide which color to use today...
Let's also examine the outfit we have here:
Lucy is quite particular about what she wears. She LOVES her comfy jammies and does NOT like jeans. (I don't blame her at all for that one...when I force her into jeans she sorta reminds me of the kid on "A Christmas Story" who can't get up when he falls down all bundled up in his snow clothes...jeans aren't particularly great for Lu's body type.) She also LOVES her Strawberry Shortcake nightgown that is like three sizes too small for her.

So it was about time I went and got her some comfy clothes she wouldn't be busting out of all day. I call these her "leisure suits" and I'm a little biased, but I think she looks pretty darn cute in them. Here are a few of them:
Let's take note of one last thing: Claire's "leisure suit" in this picture. Love it. It was a concoction she pulled together for Elle's latest dance/gymnastics class on Friday.

I love to see Lu running around these days. She's making SO much progress. She's saying so much all of a sudden and she really seems to be understanding us so much better.

I'm totally giving the switch over to comfy leisure suits the credit for the sudden jump in the learning curve...

Labels: