tidbits

After I crawled deliriously into bed at 12:23 last night Lucy promptly screamed her head off for no apparent reason from 12:28 a.m. until 3:07 a.m. this morning. Yep, that's a little over 2 1/2 hours of pure, undiluted, high pitched screams (sorry neighbors!). It was pretty non-stop except for the 15 minutes I soaked her in in the rocking chair, 20 minutes when I tried to let her sleep with me (fun for the first 10), and about 10 when I finally decided to let her scream it out and Elle went in to try to take care of her. What a sweetheart that Elle is.

Needless to say, boy howdy is Dave ever SOOOOOO lucky he's out of town!

And man, is my sweet brother ever so UN lucky he is staying with us IN town. Poor guy.

The girls and I went on a little rollerblading trip around the block last night (well, they rollerbladed and I was a "horse" for Lucy who was riding on my shoulders...this is actually a great tactic the girls came up with to stay up a little longer, and I'm a sucker). Anyway, one of the things we talked about is that Elle requested that I please keep ALL my clothes so she can grow into them some day because she loves them. Hmmm. I wonder how long that'll last? I better live it up while I can.

The girls think they need to rollerblade around the house every day, every minute they're home.

Claire thinks she needs to wear the cute skirt my Mom gave her for Christmas every day, every minute.

Max is LOVING having my brother around to play basketball in the driveway with while he's here.

Elle's dance/gymnastics class is probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen...and I've seen a lot of cute things.

I can't stand how Costco started individually wrapping their frozen chicken breasts. It takes all my might to pry those babies out of the plastic.

Lucy can now finally say, "thank you" and we all think it's the greatest thing ever. It comes out like "gnew gnew," but we'll take it.

I'm still not getting used to the fact that you have to wait on hold to talk to insurance companies forever, and that you have to enter all your member number stuff and then they ask for it all over again when they finally get to you.

I am trying to figure out a way to beg Max's teacher to let me go volunteer in his classroom. His teacher doesn't like to have volunteers but I'm feeling this huge pang of sadness that I won't be able to ever volunteer in his room any more now that he's starting Junior High next year. It makes me want to throw up.

I hate my hair. We're not supposed to say "hate" in our family but I think it's appropriate here. I would pay big bucks for a hair-growing serum right about now.

I'm still trying to figure out my one "word" to focus on for 2009, as if that miraculously will make all the difference and my life will suddenly be all calm and in-control after the decision is made. Who knows? I can always hope.

I'm trying to figure out whether I should take a little hiatus from photography...or at least slow it down a bunch. I just feel like all my kids and husband need me so much right now and I want to be there for them...all the time. I want to be a true stay-at-home home-maker while I can. I have such internal struggles over this because I love the photography, and to be honest, my kids do too in so many ways but I need to figure out some sort of balance.

I'm giddy today for two reasons:
1) Dave is giving me my Christmas present this weekend of "time"...like 24 hours all by myself. I have huge plans (maybe I'll even figure out my 2009 "word").
2) I get to go on a trip with him next week...to the beach...I can't wait.

I miss Dave.

I am SO tired this computer looks like it's fading away from me. I think Lucy's therapist was wanting to give me some toothpicks to prop my eyelids open during therapy today.

Labels: