adventures

We’re here.

And the flight went off without a hitch. I even read 7.25 pages of my book while Lucy poured ice from my cup to hers. It was bliss.

But the adventure began when we got OFF the airplane. I reached down to give Lu a little pat on the back as she was being SO good strutting around the airport. But something about that pat felt a little weird…a little squishy…a lot STINKY. Yep, her back and everything she was wearing were covered in poop. And now so was my hand.

Horrified, I realized although I brought a whole slew of “just in case” diapers on that flight, I neglected to bring even a stitch of extra clothing. It was all packed safe and sound in the back of our car with Dave and the other kids…probably by then just barely leaving our house for the long drive.

So after a sponge bath, this is how Lucy emerged from the airport bathroom:Nothing but her diaper, her special stuffed dog, and of course, her crocs.

She made some people smile…and others must have been appalled at my parenting. But boy oh boy was she ever happy. This was even better than a leisure suit. I mean, seriously, who wouldn't want to show off that physique??

Luckily we at least had a coat in the bottom of our stroller we had deserted when we had made a b-line to the bathroom. She was making quite a fashion statement.

I made her a special outfit out of my mom’s clothes at my parent’s house as we waited for the washing machine to fix her one and only outfit. A long-sleeve shirt with the arms for her pants and a great sweater. Man I think we could bring “Units” back into style.
I personally think the remnants of chocolate chip cookies on her cheeks complete the outfit perfectly.

Labels: ,