Easter, a surpise trip & "Good Things Utah"

I’m a fish out of water.

On a plane without a single child needing crayons or a snack or whining about who knows what.

Nope. Just me.

Going through security was a breeze.

No strollers to cajole Lu out of and try to fold up while she's bawling.

No crocs to pry out of her vice-gripping hands to feed to the x-ray machine as she begins to morph her body into a full-blown tantrum.

No giant tears or wailing to try to squelch while reassuring over and over that both the stroller and the crocs will be waiting for her on the other side.

No blushing at the looks of fellow passengers…some in sympathy, some in disgust.

Just me.

And I think I’d really like it...

Except that it’s Easter.

And what I really want to be doing right now is snuggling those kids up next to me. I want to be clearing away the debris of Easter dinner with the cousins and getting ready for our second Easter egg hunt of the day.

You see, that’s where I planned on being tonight.

That’s why I invited all the cousins over.

I was going to be there…the hostess.

Until this morning when I remembered I had a flight to Utah tonight at 5:50...before any of the guests for our big Easter dinner would even arrive.

I think that safely confirms it: I’m losing my mind.

But we scrambled and crammed in all our Easter stuff, got the tables set and dinner ready to go, delegated the hostessing responsibilities (thanks babe & Marva) and rushed off to the airport just in the nick of time.

I’m here in Utah with my Mom for PR stuff for our book.

Tomorrow morning we'll be on Good Things Utah (a local news show) at 10:00. I'm not sure which segment we’ll be on, but we’ll be there…me with my red splotchy face, and my mom with her infinite wisdom.

So tune in if you’re local!Hope the ongoing celebration was great back at home...more on that later. Excuse the blur, but at least you get the expressions...couldn't not post it. Do you think these guys were excited?

Labels: , ,