Utah PR trip

Oh boy this has been quite a trip.
Let's just go ahead and start with a little photo disclaimer because not only did I not have my sixth child (my big camera) with me, but I accidentally had my little camera set on this little thumbnail setting. That equals pictures that are all "pixelated" and broken up. But who cares. Really, can you fly past the gorgeous Utah mountains and not at least try to capture them?
My brother and his girlfriend were leaving to head back to NYC as I was arriving to SLC. We planned it out so we could overlap for a little while so I could meet her. She was awesome. Can't wait to see what happens with those two.

On to the PR stuff:

I made my television debut by looking like a deer in the headlights on "Good Things Utah." There's a link to see it here (just scroll down under the book info.) if you want to have a little chuckle. The only reason I'm posting the link is so that we can all get our socks knocked off by how amazing my Mom was on there.

Let's just try to disregard how crooked my mouth is (I never knew that little factoid about me...or does that just happen when I'm nervous??? I'll have to do some more research into that). And let's also try to overlook how I somehow became mute at the beginning of the segment. My mom was pinching me under the table trying to get me to talk. I couldn't because you see, I was trying to figure out which way was up. It's too bad we didn't do the TV stuff LAST because I got my groove on a little better after that. We did three radio shows:
I decided radio is much more down my alley. We also did a little photoshoot and a newspaper interview for the Deseret News which I think will be printed on Monday, May 4th in the Life section. Yeah, I think I like newspaper interviews better than TV too.

But I better start liking TV a little more because I have a couple more times I have to do it. Just as a head's up for the locals, I'll be back in Utah doing a little segment on Studio 5 on how to capture your kids in pictures in conjunction with the book on April 29th (I think at 11:00), and then the same sort of segment on Arizona Midday (channel 12 in AZ) on May 4th.

Let's just pause for a minute from this PR stuff and talk about blossoms.

Because you know what? After six years of living in the desert I got duped into thinking we had Spring there. I mean, it cools down for a few weeks, the leaves do fall from some of the trees, and the buds that make an appearance quicker than you can blink are enough to definitely give a mean case of the allergies.

But being here in Utah I realized that little display isn't Spring. That's just a few buds. Utah knows how do to spring:
These blossoms are EVERYWHERE. And they smell Heavenly too.
My Dad treated us to a Jazz game and some serious Crown burgers (along with my brother and his wife who came up from Provo) and I re-newed my long-lost love for that team.
Which isn't too tough when you have tickets on the fourth row.
One of my favorite things about the game was the cutest couple ever who sat right behind us:
(My brother snapped a tricky shot to capture them.)Honestly, all I can say is that they were darling. This guy's favorite phrase was "GUTLESS WONDER!!" and he would yell it with all his might when the Clippers did anything wrong. His wife had this little flashing neon basketball pinned on her collar, and I think she was a little embarrassed by her hubby's yelling...or maybe a little bored that we were creaming those darn "gutless wonders" by like twenty points.

My Mom and I had a book signing tonight. I wish I would have remembered to write about it here gosh darn it, but some fellow bloggers did show up. It was so fun to meet them in person! Thanks so much for coming, guys.Plus my dear friend Mo came with her stack of twenty books to be signed...
And three of my BYU roommates even surprised me and showed up at the end. Man oh man it was SOOOOO great to see them again. We have so many great memories together we sat and reminisced about for a while. Love these girls with all my heart.

Ok, time to sign off and figure out a few more things with my Mom before I leave early in the morning tomorrow.

I am so very thankful for such great opportunities.

And I'm so very indebted to Dave and Claudia for taking such great care of the kids while I was gone. Claudia even took Lucy to her first swim lesson. And boy howdy I heard that wasn't pretty. Talk about good friends.

Labels: ,