swim/dive team


Why do I love swim team so much? Is it that they work my kids hard? Or that it makes us get up and get going on summer mornings? Or maybe it's that I get so see my kids in concentration like Claire is here:Gotta love that dive stance...


Or maybe the reason I love it so much is that I know it doesn't really go all summer for us (since we head to Bear Lake for July), so we can just enjoy it while it lasts?

I don't know. I just know I like it. See Claire over there looking at the camera wondering what the heck is going on? (This was her first swim meet.)

But I guess I didn't love swim team quite enough to join the rush and dial the number over and over and over again the morning the slots opened to race for a spot this year like I've done the last few years. So Elle and Grace didn't get in this year gosh darn it.

So we tried dive team for them instead. And I must say, I liked that too.


Even though I was the one who had to finally teach Grace her back dive in our own pool...at least I kinda learned how to teach by watching them (I'm sure not a diver).
Elle actually got pretty good...I think maybe she has a twinge of her aunt's serious diving skills. Even though she was pretty nervous at the meets the two we made it to were pretty fun to watch. Luckily my brother caught these pictures.
Today is our last day. We'll miss it.

But we'll be pleased as punch to be at Bear Lake instead so I think we'll survive.

Labels: