problem:

I just got addicted to studio lighting.

The thought of having my own studio lights has never, ever, in a million bajillion years appealed to me before. The more natural the lighting the better as far as I was concerned...

...until my friend Nicole invited me to come experiment with her in her "studio."

Which is bad, because now I can't stop thinking about where I could set up my own lights in my own house...what kind of a backdrop I could get...all the cool photoshoots I could do. Isn't Christmas is right around the corner? AND my birthday right after that? (Dave...oops, I mean Santa, are you writing this down??)

I loved that when my brigade of kids and I showed up for our "back to school" studio shoot we didn't have to rush to bottle up the good light...it was just there whenever Nicole and I felt like clicking our shutters.
Remember this is a "back to school" shoot...in case you're wondering about the fascination with the apples...
Don't ask about what's up with that outfit (shorts under skirt and boots???). I don't know the answer.

I'm pretty fresh into this, so please excuse the occasional camera shake.Esp. on that one...but I loved Claire's expression so there you go.

That one above is Elle's fav., so I had to put it in.

Even Max appeased me and agreed to sit there for a couple shots.
I love his smile.

So, dear Nicole, I apologize in advance if my car mysteriously makes it's way over to your house to shoot again...it's the darn magnetic power of those lights that are sucking me in like a lazer beam (plus you're kinda fun to hang out with too...and that baby of yours...oh and those very photogenic kids of yours that I wish I had taken some pictures of...can't wait to see yours).

Yeah, you've got quite a pull over there. Thanks for the good times.

Labels: ,