hard is good

I skied down this mountain on Friday:

Oh, forget it, I'm not even posting the picture because it doesn't do it any justice at all. It doesn't even come close to portraying how steep and scary it was.

I'll just describe it: STEEP black diamond covered in moguls. I felt like I was jumping off a cliff.

And I'll tell you what, it wasn't pretty.

You see, I'm not really a skier. But my ski date/instructor (who was quite handsome and skilled on those skis of his...and his name was David), told me I wouldn't learn anything if I didn't try something scary...even if it meant falling a few times. So we hit the blues and then the double blues. I was starting to feel a little cocky.

So we did the black diamond. And even though it scared my pants off, (and it really, really wasn't pretty) it felt good because you know what? My ski date's lesson was right-on for life in general as well as on the ski slopes. You do need to do some scary things once in a while to learn and grow. Falling is actually good for you.

As long as you don't break your leg.

And I'm thanking my lucky stars I didn't.

One of my Mom's motto's is "hard is good." And as always, she's right.

One thing I'm gonna do that's hard this week is go full-force on Insanity all five days (I've been slacking) and read my scriptures before I start each morning. (I'm just throwing that out there so I'll be accountable.) Wish me luck!

More pictures of black diamond mountains coming...

Labels: