skiing and the beauty of snow

Here are the pictures that go with the last post that I didn't have time to stick in last night.
I don't have many because my present to Dave was to leave my camera in my pocket most of the time, but here's our group (love them...we had such a good time):
And here's our group deciding which "side roads" to take:
(I almost followed them, but then came to my senses.)
One of my fav. parts of the trip was soaking in how gorgeous snow is.

Seriously, it is so, so beautiful. So beautiful that I had to pull over in a Walmart parking lot and take these shots even though I didn't have my good camera nor did I have good snow boots to trudge in for a closer look. But you get the idea.... I love how the snow was clinging to those branches.

It made me miss living in snow. Just for a second though, because then I got cold and got thankful to fly home to the desert.
Some day I am going to do a collage of my series of airplane window pictures. It's too bad I never have my big camera with me and those darn airplane windows are so thick, but I love the variations of beauty you can see from and airplane perspective.

Labels: ,