MFME

A couple weekends ago Lucy and I met up with my Mom and sisters and sisters-in-law in L.A.
I love these ladies. I can't get enough of them. We are SO spread out that it's an extra treat when we get together. We have one in NYC, one in DC, one in LA, one in San Francisco, two in UT (my mom and sister), one in Washington state, and one in Boston. Oh, and one in the desert. That's me.

When we get together we call it MFME because it's the Mothers and Future Mothers of Eyrealm. I know, a little cheesy name, but we are kind of proud of cheesy. (I'm speaking for my sister-in-laws too who may disagree...)

While we went out and did our "thing," my Dad and brother watched over Lucy who was in heaven playing with her cousins.
It's always continual entertainment when you get to hang out with Grandfather....especially when he takes you to the beach and lets you hang out with your cousin in your birthday suit.And Aunt Charity is pretty darn fun too...
I, of course, couldn't get over how beautiful California is.

We sat by the pool and had deep discussions.
We went running on the beach:
We went out to eat at great places:
And admired how the huge trees cast shadows across the gorgeous lawn:
We explored new places on the way to more good food:
Went running:

Had some adventures on Rodeo Drive:
And ate out more...
and more...


One of my favorite parts was the Getty Museum.

I've always heard about that place and always wanted to go.

It is gorgeous.

You have to take a tram up the mountain to get there:
Then you just sit with your jaw dropping every corner you turn at the beauty in nature as well as the art.

We really like art.
...and architecture...
And can you really ever get enough of beautiful plants?

I don't think so.We found a nice place to soak up the last of the afternoon sun.There, now do you feel like you've been to the Getty?

Good.

We also went to this awesome modern ballet concert that I wish I had pictures uploaded of.

My very favorite part though, was that I got to get so inspired by these wonderful women. I'm so thankful for the influence they have in my life.

My Mom is amazing.

It was a little tough to fly from that green back to the desert.
But it was pretty great to get back to my sweet little family I adore.

Labels: , , ,