thankful tree

We got around to making our traditional November "thankful tree" last night for Family Home Evening.

Yep, the one where I sit around and hog all the artistic duties because I'm a control-freak like that.

Ok, not really, but I do get a little picky about how it's done, and I hate when we don't have enough various colors for the leaves in our craft drawer (totally missing the yellow this year...gotta round some up tomorrow).

This year I braced myself and let the kids take a little more control. I even let Elle do the writing. Didn't she do awesome?

We are "supposed" to add a few leaves each day 'til it's all full on Thanksgiving but last night we went a little hog-wild thinking of all the things we're thankful for. Sure, it took me asking the kids to get the markers out and write down their thankful things 42 times before it actually happened, but when they finally registered that a human being was actually talking and not just a broken record they got down to business and our kitchen filled up with that goodness that only togetherness can bring.
There's still lots of room for more leaves. (They'll be yellow ones from here on out ;)

We have so much to be thankful for. I LOVE November because it reminds us to ponder that more often.

...and I'm kidding about that control freak thing...kind of.

Labels: