Utah epiphanies

There's nothing like a good epiphany.

And I had a bunch of them in Utah.

I figure I better write them down because, well, I forget things. A lot.
1) I have amazing siblings. Yes, I knew this before. But it hit me in the face this time even more than ever. My sisters took me under their wings and built me up like nobody's business after having a pretty tough Lucy week. Plus we did nothing but talk talk talk night and day. We could never run out of things to talk about and I love their deep thoughts.

I had some great discussions with my little brother too. He made me wish I could have eight kids because he's number eight in our family. What if my number eight is THAT amazing and I'm missing out on him?

2) It's great to make a batch of cookies...every single day. Especially if there are only four of you and you can eat as many as you want and you don't have to hide them in random places in your kitchen so they won't get scarfed down by your kids. (Because it's you who wants to do the scarfing.)

3) I'm not a big fan of signing books, but it can be pretty fun in my old stomping grounds (the BYU bookstore)...especially when I get my sister by my side and tons of great long-lost friends showing up. (My Mom was at a speaking engagement in the Bahamas...I felt SO sorry for her that she missed out at the bookstore!)
4) It makes me cry when I see crowds of women this big all trying to make good choices and become better people. Especially when everyone in the whole place stands up all impromptu during the closing song. That makes me cry even more.

5) The Mormon world is a small, small world. It's amazing the amount of people you can run into that you know from your own neck of the woods in a mass of 18,000 women. (This was one of our dear friends we happened to run into who we got to sit by while listening to Elder Perry...the closing speaker.)

6) Utah blossoms are out of this world. Oh wait, did I already mention that?But really, these are just the mini epiphanies. I had some really deep ones as I was sitting amidst a sea of women on uncomfortable bleachers. I couldn't write fast enough to keep up with my thoughts as some of the speakers were filling my "well."

I guess the very biggest epiphany I had up there was that I need to quit multitasking. But posting all those insights on that one is a job for a whole new post cause it's deep, and I gotta run.

I'm just so grateful I got to be there!

Labels: ,