motherhood matters

So, for anyone who may not know about my sister's "Power of Moms" organization, let me just say that she and her business partner, April, are quite an amazing duo. I'm so proud of them and how they balance all that they are doing.

As the retreat I attended last weekend drew closer I got all kinds of emails with all kinds of information. Each time I felt a sick spot in my stomach for how much work these two (along with their wonderful board) were doing to plan and organize this event. I'm so grateful for all the hard work they put in to make everything run so well!

I'm mad I didn't get a picture of just the two of them, but here they are each with their "tall sister."
My parents were gracious hosts.
(That's my sister's new baby they were holding...I know I'm biased but seriously, I think they're pretty cute.)

Let's get one more look at them:
Ok, there we go.

Here's April presenting her Mind Organization for Moms stuff that I love.And here are all the presenters from the next day:
...minus my Dad because although he did some presenting he watched everything else from his bird's-eye-view up above:
My sisters and I sure had fun being together and getting to tell about "family systems."At breakfast the morning before I left I explained to my children how excited I was that I got to go meet those dear sisters that I don't get to see very often. Dave quickly shot me a nice eye-roll and reminded me that I get to hang out with them all of July at Bear Lake and we have our MFME stuff every year. But I really like them, you see, so I'll take anything I can get :)
My littlest sister Charity (who isn't really "little" any more) pretty much ran all the logistics.
She did a great job too.

Utah's Young Mother of the Year this year was in attendance there. She is an exceptional person and I'm excited I get to meet up with her again in a couple weeks for the American Mothers national convention.
The "board" stayed for dinner one night:
Here they are again so you can see them better:
So many dedicated mothers who have given so much of their time and talents to help Power of Moms. It was so fun to get to know them better.

It was so fun to get to know so many of these moms too:
Each one I talked to was powerfully deliberate in her own way, and I learned so much from them.

Just in case you're thinking to yourself, "Man alive, I'm so mad I missed that!" please know that there will be another very similar retreat at the same place in May. Click here for more information. And we are thinking of doing one here in the desert in the Fall in conjunction with the American Mothers Association I am part of. More info. to come on that...

One of the things I was most excited about was meeting this little guy (my sister Saydi's new baby Peter):
We were so fussed up with all the retreat details that we didn't even get pictures of him 'til we got to the airport. But at least we got a couple.
As he and my sister headed off to their flight it made me feel so strange that I had no baby on my hip. I had no Lucy with her crazy antics next to me. I had no children all trying to talk to me at once. And it made me long to get home to their hugs.

The palm trees greeted me waving through the sunset back at home.
A giant yellow moon appeared above the dark horizon and followed me home where, indeed, outstretched arms and shouts of glee were waiting for me.

I am so thankful for my family.