FAQ

Sometimes I get questions on this blog that I just stick in my "blog questions" file until I have time to sit and write a reply.

The only problem with that is that I still have some from last year. I figure I better get to answering them. I'm going to try to do a Q&A post each Friday 'til I can get through them. Feel free to send more along if you'd like. Here you go:

I would love to hear more details about the Mother/Daughter Book club {in this post}- what a fantastic idea. How did you run it with the girls?? Would love to try this with my girls.

My friend and her daughter set this up a few years ago. There are 12 girls and each one gets a month to pick a book and host at their house. They help make the refreshments, come up with activities, etc. to get everyone engaged in discussing the book. I think it has helped Elle become so much more in love with books.

Where do you get those tall candles for you kids' birthday cakes? So fun!

I have used these tall candles over and over and over again as you may have recognized...I'm sure I got them at like Target or Walmart, but they're just so darn tall that we can just keep re-using them. Love that.

I have a question....in one of your pics in the background you have a "wall" of photos in like a collage pattern-love it! Are those shadow boxes open so you can change the photos? Or, how did you do them? Thanks!

Yes they are shadow boxes I got at Aaron Brothers where you can just pin pictures or objects. My friend Denise gave me that idea for which I'm very grateful.

(More about the kitchen spruce-up here.)

I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the golden paint color in your kitchen/dining room? I like it, and it's hard to find colors not too orange.

I get this question all the time and I'm so sorry but I don't even have an answer. I color matched a friend's color to get our color. And now that I did Dunn Edwards "Foggy Day" in Max and Elle's new bedrooms I want to paint over this tan and have our whole house be "Foggy Day" :) Ok, I kid, I love tan too, but I'm loving "cool tones" so much lately.

I'm dying to know how your friend made the family tree. It's adorable and I'd love to make them for my family.

My friend actually didn't make the kit, she bought it at Deseret Book. I've had a bunch of people ask about this and someone even sent me a link that they still have them but now I can't find the link.

What the heck is Just Dance 2? I've never even heard of Just Dance 1.

It's just an awesome game on the Wii where you try to mimic dance moves. It's good exercise and pretty darn fun too.

So what is the trick to getting such great basketball shots. We are in the thick of b-ball season and my shots have been pretty pathetic. I'm just a novice with a Canon Rebel xsi but I would love to know if there are any tricks to help me get some better shots! {click here for examples}

The trick to good basketball shots (or any shot in a big gym with artificial lighting for that matter) is turning up your ISO and turning off the flash. The only problem is that high ISO causes more graininess, so you have to keep that in check.

Can you tell me where you got that letter holder in your kitchen? {in this post and a bunch of others too} I desperately need one of those. PLEASE tell me where you got it!

I've had so many people ask about this too and I'm sorry to say that I got it at Target years ago and cannot find any more. I wish I could because I'd love to grab another one. They have similar things at Ballard Designs and I've seen them even at Marshalls or Ross, but this one is so great and I wish I had more :(

Ok, gotta run, more answers coming.

Happy Easter!

P.S. Happy Birthday to my Amazing Mother!!